- Towards excellence in human capital, co-operative and entrepreneurial.
- To accelerate the development of human capital capacity by implementing cooperative identity, values and principle
- To develop cooperative entrepreneurship towards the socio-economic growth of members through technology and lead high-impact research
- To establish and improve relationship networks for more globalised training.
- To establish and execute relevant training and education which fulfil the needs of the cooperative movement.
- To promote and inculcate the use of ICT in cooperative management.
- To improve the management skills of leaders, entrepreneurs and the workforce of cooperatives through training and consultancy programmes.
- To pioneer excellence in cooperative training and education
- Create & enhance international communication network in order to execute global training.
- Prepare & implement relevant training and education and fulfill the current needs of the cooperative movement.
- Increase the use of information technology & communications in cooperative management.
- Improve management skills of leaders, entrepreneurs and cooperative work force via means of training, advisory services & consultancy programme.
CIM provides training to the members of the Board, staff and cooperative workforce at all levels to create ethical, efficient and effective co-operative governance and management.
In addition, CIM also provides training for officers from Government Departments/ Agencies who supervise cooperatives under its supervision such as SKM, RISDA, LPP, LKIM, FELDA, FELCRA, MADA and KADA. Not to mention the training was also given to cooperative managers and government officers who supervise cooperatives in developing countries around the world
Starting in 1991, CIM has opened up the opportunity for SPM graduates to attend diploma courses namely as Diploma in Co-operative Management. With the proliferation of the higher education sector, CIM in 2009 took a step ahead by offering the Bachelor Degree of Business Administration with Honors Majoring in Cooperative Management in collaboration with Universiti Utara Malaysia (UUM). These are among the efforts undertaken by the CIM to develop trained and professional human resources in the cooperative movement in this country.